Sarasota County is requesting proposals from neighborhoods to fund projects that improve their communities. The Neighborhood Initiative Grant Program is a competitive program that provides matching funds of up to $10,000 per neighborhood. Projects can be proposed within one of five themes:
- Character: the creation or enhancement of assets that are a source of pride and neighborhood identity.
- Leadership: training neighborhood leaders or teams and developing skills for neighborhood governance or action.
- Safety: equipping the neighborhood with the knowledge or tools to prevent, prepare for, confront or respond to incidences of crime, danger or disaster.
- Environment: protecting water, energy resources and native habitats.
- Health: increasing access to nutritious diets and physical or mental fitness.
Those interested in submitting a proposal must attend a grant workshop between Wednesday, May 31, and Monday, June 9. Grants will be officially awarded in November.
Want more from 941CEO? Subscribe FREE today to get the best of Sarasota-Manatee business news, trends, and insights delivered to your doorstep every other month.